Hope Aero (formerly Western Propeller (Atlantic) Limited) was first established in 1969 in Malton, just north of Toronto International Airport. Harry Hope, who started the company, began his career at Western Propeller in Edmonton, Alberta, as an apprentice in July 1951, straightening propellers. In September 1956 he received his letter of Authority to Certify Aircraft Propellers as Airworthy, which was the document used prior to the ‘P’ license. Two years later, in February of 1958, Harry Hope opened a branch of Western Propeller in Winnipeg, Manitoba, and in 1964 he purchased 50% of Western Propeller (WPG) Limited.
Several years later, in 1969, to better serve the needs of eastern customers, Harry Hope opened an overhaul shop in Malton, with the original name of Western Propeller (Atlantic) Limited. Since Western Propeller (Atlantic) Limited’s establishment in 1969 it has been an authorized distributor and propeller and governor maintenance facility.
In 1982, the company added wheel and brake maintenance, and in 2000 started selling Chadwick-Helmuth (now Zing Honeywell) Dynamic Balancing Equipment.
In June 1993 the Hope family became sole owners of the company, and the name was changed from Western Propeller (Atlantic) Limited to Hope Aero Propeller & Components Inc.
From a relatively small beginning, Hope Aero has grown into Canada’s leading propeller, wheel and brake overhaul facility.
Annual Barth Syndrome Foundation of Canada Golf Classic
Deepest appreciation for support of this cause
AME Association of Ontario
Recognition of our continuing contribution to the Aircraft Maintenance Engineers Association of Ontario
Canadian Warplane Heritage
Benefactor of the Mynarski Memorial Lancaster
Canada National Aviation Museum
Project Northstar – Restored 4 propellers to display status for the national collection.